Sunday, August 5, 2007

Age is just a number

I just really like this picture, no other reason for putting it here. It makes me happy. Love that girl!!
Anyway...

The old adage "age is just a number" is supposed to be a comforting one. It is supposed to reassure you that even though you may be 117, if you feel 40, that's all that matters.


In my case, however, it works the other way. I am completely convinced that inside I am a 60 year old woman. Case in point, I love old lady TV. Give me some Murder She Wrote or Matlock over Sex in the City any day. My 70 year old mother-in-law and I can watch TV together for hours. Is this normal? I'm only 29. Oh well, I yam what I yam.


On a related television note, my husband has started watching a program on Spike called The Kill Point. It's a gory, boring show about bank robberies or something, but...it stars none other than Donnie Walberg. That's a blast from the past, huh. NKOTB, baby! Actually, he's a better actor than boy band member, he was my second least favorite NKOTB member. Danny was my least favorite, he looks like an ape. Joey was my favorite, just in case you care.


Well, I guess I should talk about something else beside television, lest I seem uncultured. Oh, one more thing. Whoever invented TiVo should be hugged and kissed. How great is TiVo? Okay, that's all, I promise.


I went to church today. Nothing unusual about that, I spend a lot of time at church. I enjoyed myself, but it was a little odd. None of my family was there. Mom and Dad had a business commitment and couldn't make it. Mike had to work. Keith (my baby brother) and Bethany, live in Nashville, making it hard to make it to church. So, it was just me and the kid. We decided to mix it up a little and sit in a different part of church. Well, it was a whole new world. Not really, but it was a little different. Olivia took a nap during church, for like the first time in months, possibly years.


The rest of the afternoon has been spent doing much of nothing. I did a little laundry, cooked burgers for dinner (97% lean meat and wheat buns, so very WW friendly), and hung out with a cute little girl. Life is good...

No comments: