Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dental Woes

My poor husband had to have oral surgery today. I'm still not sure exactly what the problem was (you know how forthcoming with information men can be), but it had something to do with a cracked tooth that had become infected.

So, he rode to work with me this morning. His surgery was at 1 p.m. and I had some things I needed to do at the office. He hung around and entertained me this morning. Then I took him to the surgeon's and settled in for a long wait. To my surprise, he was ready to go in 41 minutes.

Mike is one of those people that is hilarious when under the influence of anethesia or pain meds. He becomes very child-like and endearing. All the way to the car, he was complementing the dr. and then he dug in his wallet and gave him a free pass to his restaurant. You know, because surgeons are short on money these days.

We then had to travel to "the Walgreens" and drop off his prescriptions. The first one we went to had a three hour wait. No thank you. The second one had a 35 minute wait. That's more like it. We left the 'scrips and went to pick Livi up from school. By then, Mike was coming around a little better and was HUNGRY. So, we swung by McD's and got a milkshake.

Finally, we headed home. Once we arrived at home, Mike was wandering around and seemed pretty lucid. He took some pain meds and settled down to rest. He then thought of something he wanted out of his truck and headed outside. A couple of minutes later, I heard the lawnmower. I ran outside and guess what? The man who had surgery two hours earlier was mowing. Well, I put a stop to that and sent him inside. It's been pretty calm since then.

I've got to call that dr tomorrow and see if I can get a steady supply of whatever drug he's on. He never wants to mow the yard normally :)

Oh, well, I'm glad he's okay and I'm settling in for an adventurous evening.

No comments: