Wednesday, December 9, 2009

TIRED

Mike's parents arrived from Louisiana today. They are staying with us through Christmas. Everyone was super excited to see Nana and Grandpa. Phillip was a little hesitant at first, but warmed up and performed the rest of the evening! Olivia gave them a piano concert and had some bedtime snuggle time with Nana.

I'm very thankful that my kids have grandparents that love them! My kids are the only grandchildren on both sides of the family. That spells S-P-O-I-L-E-D! Phillip sees my parents everyday, Olivia sees them a few times a week. We don't get to see Mike's family as much, but the kids love them just as much!

Mike's parents have already bought the kids' Christmas presents. Olivia got a new quilt, sheets, shams, throw pillow, curtains, and bed skirt. It's super cute, I can't wait for her to see it! Phillip got a GIANT toy box, which I am sure will be full by Christmas day.

We bought Phillip a toddler bed today. He LOVES it! He went to bed right away in it and fell fast asleep. Too good to be true, right? If you said yes, you are correct. He woke up 45 minutes later, crying hysterically. He then tried to climb into my bed. I found him hanging onto the sheet sobbing. He fell right back asleep though, so I'm optimistic that it's going to work out.

I am really bad about letting him sleep with us when he wakes up at night. I did the same with Olivia and she was almost 5 when she finally quit crawling into our bed at night. Occasionally, she still has relapses. The night we brought Phillip home from the hospital was one of them. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I am exhausted and about to turn in. If Phillip gets in my bed, I guess I can sleep in his :)

No comments: